WORKSHOP PRESENTERS – EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
Community Arts is a vibrant arts precinct at the Festival that welcomes all Festival attendees to get creative, participate and experience a wide range of activities on offer. Community Arts is open each day from 9am – 5pm.
Attendees can drop in for half an hour to make a mark on our expansive and colourful mural boards, or stay for longer to contribute to a large ephemeral sculpture for the lantern parade, or join other creative folk to make a gorgeous art piece to take home in one of our free daily art experiences.
Fee activities – WORKSHOPS
The Festival also offers structured workshops where participants can learn new skills from experienced artisans. Expressions of Interest for facilitators for these popular workshops are now open.
HOW IT WORKS
- Community Arts is located outside on a large grassy area near the main entry gate.
- The Festival sets up large marquees for workshops, fitted with trestle table and chairs.
- Festival volunteers manage the booking of workshops and take payments.
- Workshop participants are charged a small fee to assist in covering costs. In the past this has been $15 for an Introductory workshop of 1.5 hours, and $20 for an advanced skills workshop of 2 hours.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Workshop facilitators need to provide any materials and tools required for the workshop.
- The Festival provides 15amp power, but any power equipment used must be tested and tagged by a qualified electrician.
- When workshop facilitators arrive, they are met by Comm Arts volunteers and directed to their workshop space. They then present their fabulous workshop in a lively, welcoming and supportive manner!
Any inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org