WORKSHOP PRESENTERS – EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST ARE OPEN 1 SEPTEMBER
Community Arts area is a vibrant arts precinct at the Festival that welcomes all Festival attendees to get creative, participate and experience a wide range of activities on offer. Community Arts is open each day from 9am – 5pm.
Attendees can drop in for half an hour to make a mark on our expansive and colourful mural boards, or stay for longer to contribute to a large ephemeral sculpture for the lantern parade, or join other creative folk to make a gorgeous art piece to take home in one of our free daily art experiences.
Come and see the wonderful volunteer to see what you can do!
ART WORKSHOPS – (Fees are associated with this part of the program)
The Festival also offers structured workshops where participants can learn new skills from experienced artisans. Expressions of Interest for facilitators for these popular workshops are now open.
HOW IT WORKS
- Community Arts Area is located outside on a large grassy area near the main entry gate. The workshops are located inside that area in a marquee, fitted with trestle table and chairs.
- The Art workshop team of Festival volunteers manage the booking of workshops, take payments and facilities the running of the workshops.
- Workshop participants paid a fee to assist in covering costs. Please see the Festival ticket website for ticket presales
- An adult must accompany children under 12.
- The Festival provides 15amp power, but any power equipment used must be tested and tagged by a qualified electrician.
- When workshop facilitators arrive, they are met by volunteers and directed to their workshop space. From there, present their fabulous workshop in a lively, welcoming and supportive manner!
Options to be part of the program as an Arts Facilitators are:
- As a volunteer – 8 hours workshop presentation, 2 hours setup/pack down. 4 hours admin on site and 6 hours preparing and resources gathering
- As a day pass artist – $30 per hour for teaching + a day pass to the festival. Must have your own ABN and insurance.
- As a festival artist – $60 per hour for teaching. Must be suppling your own ticket to the festival, your own ABN and insurance
Art facilitators need to provide any materials and tools required for the workshop. NFF have a set cap on the cost per head for materials and NFF will only refund back to that amount.
Any enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6262 4792