Ticketing – Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a ticket to the National Folk Festival the purchaser agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The National Folk Festival (Festival) held at Exhibition Park in Canberra (the Festival site) every Easter is a ticketed event.
- Tickets may be pre purchased online through the Festival website or by phone through the Festival Office or in person at either the Well Station Rd or Flemington Rd Ticket Offices at the Festival site at Easter.
- All online and phone ticket sales are subject to a non refundable $2.00 booking fee per ticket and a 0.85% credit card fee on the total transaction.
- Each pre purchased ticket issued has the name of the ticket holder printed on the ticket.
- To purchase an Adult Concession ticket, the ticket holder must have a valid concession card (Government issued Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Card, Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card or a Full Time Student Card).
- The Festival does not accept state issued Seniors Cards for the purchase of a concession ticket.
- To purchase an Adult Over 80 ticket you must be over the age of 80 at the commencement of the Festival.
- A child aged under 7 years at the commencement of the Festival is admitted to the Festival for free. When pre purchasing Festival tickets the child’s parent/guardian/responsible adult ensure a ticket is still purchased in the child’s name even though there is no charge for that ticket.
- Package of Flexible Days tickets must have a ticket holder name on each ticket. If the purchaser does not know who will be accompanying them to the Festival, they may put their name on each ticket but must be at the ticket office and present their ID when their guest redeems the ticket.
- Persons pre purchasing tickets must provide age range, postcode and other information used by the Festival to compile general demographic information about Festival attendees.
- All tickets are non refundable (See refund policy for more information).
- All tickets are non-transferable after 10 April 2019. A pre purchased ticket may be transferred into the name of another person until this date by contacting the Festival by phone on 02 6242 5944 or email email@example.com. After 10 April 2019 the refund policy applies.
- To enter and remain on the Festival site every person must be in possession of a valid wristband. Once a valid wristband is issued a person able to go in and out of the Festival site for the duration of the period covered by the wristband.
- A pre purchased ticket holder must present valid photo ID at a Festival site ticket office to redeem their ticket for a wristband that enables entry to the Festival site.
- Identification is not required when purchasing tickets at a Festival site ticket office as a wristband is issued at the time of ticket purchase.
- A person redeeming or purchasing an Adult ticket at the Festival site ticket office may be required to produce proof of age.
- Concession cards must be produced when redeeming or purchasing an Adult Concession ticket at a Festival site ticket office.
- A person redeeming or purchasing an Adult Over 80 ticket at the Festival site ticket office must produce proof of age.
- Wristbands for a Season + Camping ticket will not be issued before 9:00am Monday 15 April 2019.
- Wristbands for Season tickets will not be issued before midday Thursday 18 April 2019.
- Wristbands for day tickets will not be issued before 8am on the date/day of the ticket.
- Every ticket holder aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a parent/guardian/ responsible adult when presenting a pre purchased ticket or purchasing a ticket at a Festival site ticket office or they may be refused entry.
- A person aged 16 or 17 does not need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian/responsible adult when presenting a pre purchased ticket or purchasing a ticket at a Festival site ticket office but if they are camping on site, each person must have a responsible adult on site for their camping group.
- Lost, damaged or tampered with wristbands will not be replaced by the Festival.
- Bags may be searched upon entering the Festival Site or Entertainment Zone.
The Festival reserves the right to refuse entry to any person who:
- is unable to produce a valid ticket.
- seeks to gain entry to the Festival with a duplicate of a ticket that has already been presented at the Festival ticket office.
- produces a ticket purchased or obtained from an unauthorised source or through illegal means, or
- is in possession of and refuses to surrender any prohibited or illegal object.
- If a person is found on the Festival site without a valid wristband, the person will be evicted from the Festival. The Festival reserves the right to have any such person charged with trespassing.
Persons aged under 18
- It is the responsibility of the relevant parent/guardian/responsible adult to ensure that any ticket holder aged under 18 for which they are responsible complies with these Terms and Conditions.
- It is the responsibility of the relevant parent/guardian/responsible adult to ensure that any ticket holder aged under 13 for which they are responsible remains in their care and control while at the Festival.
- A parent/guardian/responsible adult of any ticket holder aged under 18 must be contactable via phone at all times during the Festival. It is suggested that that a parent/guardian/responsible adult for a young child write their phone number on the child’s wristband in the event that they are separated from the child and need to be located quickly.
- Any breach of these terms and conditions by a ticket holder aged under 18 may result in the eviction of the parent/guardian/ responsible adult and all accompanying minors from the Festival site.
- The Festival is a liquor licensed event.
- The Festival supports responsible consumption of liquor by adult ticket holders and seeks to minimise the harm associated with the consumption of liquor.
- A person must be aged 18 years or over to purchase and/or consume alcohol on the Festival site.
- Any person seeking to purchase and/or consume alcohol must be able to produce proof of age in the form of valid Photo ID and if ID cannot be produced service will be refused.
- Any person found to be supplying alcohol to persons under 18 will have their wristband removed, be evicted from the site and criminal charges may apply.
- Any person aged Under 18 found to be consuming liquor on the Festival site may have their wristband removed, be evicted from site and criminal charges may apply.
- BYO alcohol is not permitted within the Festival Entertainment Zone.
- Alcohol purchased at a Festival bar is limited to the Entertainment Zone.
- Bottled wine is not allowed to leave the defined area of the Festival bar in which it was purchased.
- The Festival may refuse to sell alcohol to any person:
- if the person is abusive to Festival security, staff or volunteers, or
- where it is assessed that the behaviour of the person may cause harm to any person or damage to property.
- Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
A safe and enjoyable Festival
Festival management wants every person at the Festival to experience a safe and enjoyable Festival. Every ticket holder is expected to be mindful and respectful of their fellow ticket holders at all times.
- At the Festival every person must:
- comply with the law
- follow instructions in any permanent and temporary signage in the Festival site
- not engage in loud or intimidating behaviour while on the Festival site including the camping areas, and
- follow any reasonable direction from Festival security, staff and volunteers.
- The Festival has the right to refuse entry to, or evict, persons who behave in a manner that:
- is illegal
- threatens the safety of any person
- reasonably interferes with others’ enjoyment of the Festival, or
- is considered by Festival management to be inappropriate or offensive.
- To minimise the risk of injury at the Festival:
- no glass is permitted to be brought into the Festival Entertainment Zone
- footwear must be worn at all times
- bicycles, skateboards or similar equipment must not be used within the Festival Entertainment Zone unless authorized by Festival Management. Subject to it being used in a safe manner that is respectful of other patrons, use of such equipment is permitted in the camping areas except along major access roads, particularly:
- the route used by the Festival shuttle-bus service and
- any road adjoining performer camping and disability parking or camping areas.
- The Festival will not be liable for any injury, illness, damage or loss that occurs during the Festival.
- The Festival takes no responsibility for personal belongings lost, damaged or stolen within the Festival site or car parks.
- The Festival will take place regardless of the weather.
- While every effort is made to present the program as advertised, the Festival reserves the right to vary the advertised artists and/or program without notice.
- No refunds will be given due to a change in the programming.
- Every performance venue has capacity restrictions and aisle requirements to meet safety regulations.
- Purchase of a ticket does not guarantee admission to any particular venue at any particular time.
Copyright (Sound, Video and Photography)
- Sound and video recordings are not permitted without the prior written permission of the Festival Director.
- Photography is permitted for private purposes and not for sale or publication without the prior written consent of the Festival Director.
- Festival attendees may be photographed and/or filmed at the Festival and these images may be used for a variety of printed, online and broadcast promotional and/or internal purposes in relation to the Festival.
- If a Festival attendee does not wish to be filmed or photographed for these purposes, they must inform the photographer / camera operator.
- Any person intending to camp at the Festival must have a Season + Camping ticket.
- Camping is only permitted in designated camping areas.
- Camping is not permitted in Festival car parks.
- The campground is open from 9:00am Monday pre Festival to 12:00pm (Midday) Tuesday post Festival.
- Camping is not permitted before this time and early arrivals will not be admitted to the campground.
- Campsites are available on a first come, first served basis (with the exception of a limited number of pre booked campsites).
- Power is not guaranteed.
- To use power, you must have a tested and tagged power lead – the Festival reserves the right to remove dangerous or untagged power leads.
- Campfires are not permitted under any circumstances.
- To reserve a space, you must have a tent/van in it.
- The Festival reserves the right to remove tarps/ropes that are reserving camping space or are considered by Festival Management to be a health and safety risk.
- The Festival reserves the right to ask any person to move their vehicle or tent if it is sited in such a manner that poses a health or safety risk.
- No animals (including pets or companion animals) are allowed on the Festival site (including the campground) except for:
- guide dogs
- hearing dogs, or
- assistance animals
- All guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance animals must be registered with the Festival prior to arriving on the Festival site.
- All registered animals must be on a lead and with their owner at all times while on the Festival site including in parking and camping areas.
- The Festival takes no responsibility for the acts of guide dogs, hearing dogs or assistance animals. Persons with guide dogs, hearing dogs or assistance animals may be liable for any injury, loss, or damage caused by their animal while on the Festival site.
- For the safety and wellbeing of an animal, no animal should be left in a parked vehicle while the person responsible for that animal attends the Festival.